Overview of Position
Associate Director – Full Time
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Associate Director will support the gallery mission; have 3+ years of sales and client service experience; bring new relationships with private collectors and institutions to the gallery; and, work effectively with artists. The Associate Director will participate in strategic and operational planning for the business. He or she understands that team work is essential to the gallery’s effectiveness and success.
- Build a wider community for the gallery while maintaining good relationships with existing clients
- Write and prepare marketing and sales presentations for clients and institutions
- Maintain strong knowledge of gallery artists’ careers and stay current with the gallery inventory
- Implement overall sales strategy as a key sales team member
- Initiate and close sales with an international client base
- Participate in team meetings to review pending sales and identify future outreach; track sales outreach and analyze the more successful approaches
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive client and prospect records in the gallery CRM (Art Logic)
- Generate sales team offer lists for exhibitions and art fairs
- Work as the liaison for 4-5 selected artists
- Manage production and project timelines for selected artists
- Provide sales support at art fairs
- Provide marketing and sales strategies for our own and 3rd party online sales platforms
- Attend gallery openings and dinners; remain current on industry news; attend webinars relevant to the art business; visit important exhibitions
- Share business intelligence with colleagues
- Represent the gallery at selected benefits, openings, lectures and events in NYC and elsewhere
- Judicious decision-maker
- Outstanding oral and written communication
- Proficient in Art Logic or another CRM system
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Inspires teamwork and cooperation
- Consistency, reliability and discretion
- Confidence to lead in a fast-paced environment
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10 AM – 6 PM with additional time for openings, art fairs
Galerie Lelong & Co is a mission-driven organization for a multi-generation international program of artists. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, ability, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].